Saturday, June 2, 2007

Spiders. Everywhere.

My home has been overtaken by spiders.

I am sure the spiders are all related cause they all look identical. I've never seen spiders that look like this. They seem to be a cross-breed between an annoying (but only mildly creepy) daddy long legs, and a disgusting "if I see another one of those, I'm moving!" smaller, fatter, darker, more sinister-looking spider. They are as big as a daddy long legs, but black, with a fat belly! Seriously! YUCK! (My cat is finally earning his keep around here...lol)

It started this morning, with my son hopping into bed with me announcing "there is a spider on the wall in my room!" at 5:52am.

It continued at 5:59am with my cat trying to JUMP up the wall in my room, which alerted my still-awake son there was another identical looking spider on the ceiling in MY room as well. Chase decided to go downstairs at this point.

At 6:05am, Chase came back into my room to calmly inform me "Mom, this is really serious. Something is going on. There are two more downstairs on the wall by kitty's food bowl...and one on the ceiling by the stairs!"

I had the same feeling you get when the phone rings at 3am, and your heart starts pounding really fast. ONE spider could wait until I was definitely finished sleeping. TWO spiders made me *think* about getting out of bed. When I realized they were EVERYWHERE, it made me completely freak out and make a mad dash for the vacuum cleaner in my underwear.

I vaccuumed up FIVE spiders before 6:30am! Two more appeared by 9am, and were instantly sucked up.

Then Chase went to play at a friend's house down the street and me and Kaylee followed shortly thereafter to inform my neighbor we were moving in with them until further notice. I told her "My house is infested!"

She said "They are here too, it started yesterday" (WTF?)

My kids pointed out another one on the front doorway this morning. It was still there at 6pm. However, just now it ventured inside and made it about 6 inches into my living room before it felt the wrath of the vacuum hose. (See, I'm a compassionate spider-killer.....as long as they stay OUTSIDE!)

I've seriously sucked up EIGHT spiders today. I've only lived here for 9 months, and maybe I've seen 2-3 since moving in. (And they didn't look like these ones!)

It's like a scary movie. I'm gonna sleep with the lights on tonight.

I have NO clue what is up with this, and it better be a fluke, or I'm moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment