Friday, August 24, 2007

If all else fails, write a blog about it...

It is 3:30am. Prime Blogging Time. I'm too sleepy to write coherent thoughts in a paragraph format.

1) LMAO at the National Weather Service "writers". Regarding heavy rainfall tonight: "HIGH PRECIPITABLE WATER CONTENT ON THE ORDER OF TWO INCHES POSSIBLE" (lol. huh?)

2) Why am I up? Cause I heard a weird noise coming from the A/C vent in my room. Sounded....like WATER? Draining? Oh, look, water is coming UP the drain in the basement. THANK GOD it is NOT brown water. Not exactly clear though either. Yuck. Nothing i can do about it, so I just unplugged the washer and dryer and moved the litter box to upstairs bathroom. Should I unplug the water heater and softener too? I dunno. I strategically placed towels around the drain in a circle extending about 2 feet out. That should protect the furnace. Maybe? Can I vacuum water? Prolly not. Save the vacuum for the crickets.

3) I came back upstairs to my bedroom....and heard a weird noise. Kinda like water....dripping. Yep. Water is dripping from my ceiling. In my bedroom. Sounds like tiny elephants on the roof as it pours rain. Every half-second or so, I hear drip. drip. drip. Now what? I found a bucket and strategically placed it under the drip(s). (there are 3 drips) I have vaulted ceilings in my room though, so it is dripping a LONG way and just splashing out of the bucket anyway.

4) My kids are BOTH in my bed. This means there is no room for me. I tried just now to put Chase back in his bed. He started to cry and came back in my room. "Mom! It's raining REALLY hard!"

5) I tried to go downstairs to sleep on the couch, but it sounds like a cricket farm in my garage. And my cat is freaking out. Meow. Meow. Meow. Meow.

6) So, I'm up writing a blog. Drip. Meeeeoooowwww. Chirp. Drip. Chirp. "MOM!". Drip. Chiiiirrrrpppp. Trickle (water in basement). Woosh (water on roof). Chirp. Drip. Drip. "MOM!" Woooshhh. Trickle. "MOMMMMY!" Meow. Woosh.

I'm gonna go nuts. I'm just thankful I have power in my house, unlike my poor friend Suzi in Chicago-land.

No comments:

Post a Comment