Friday, September 28, 2007

Swat teams with rifles in the ER (and other stressful things)

I worked in the ER Tuesday overnight. There is nothing like having to navigate around "men in black" carrying assault rifles around your workplace. They were scary looking. It felt like a dream. I was waiting for Noah Wiley to jump out with a scalpel. I'd share more, but it's classified information. (except on the front page of the paper. lol.)

Today I slept in until 11:04am. I NEEDED to do this. My intentions were to get up at 7:00am and go to school and study all day. My body had a different idea. I probably would have slept longer if it wasn't for my cat BITING (off) my toes.

I then went to school, arriving at 12:20pm. I dragged my riduculously heavy backpack-on-wheels across 2 parking lots and then all the way to the third floor to the A&P lab. I watched a few students contemplating over the dissection of a real human heart. They were trying to decide if what they were looking at was just "fat" or a sinus node something or other. I'm not in that class yet. (next semester)

I'm still playing with bones, mitosis, and DNA in my class. I played with a painted skull for awhile before dropping a piece of it. The rule is if you break it, you fix it. So, I superglued the frontal bone back together, as well as fixed a crack in the zygomatic arch. When I put the skull away, I felt sad because there is a sign outside the box that says "I was once like you, please be careful with me."

Guilt got the best of me, and so I needed to leave the lab for awhile and be by myself to collect my thoughts. I went to Panera Bread for soup and a bagel. I brought my English book in with me, because I was going to read it and start editing the rough draft of the FIVE page paper I'm writing. I was slurping the last spoonful of soup when I realized I had read today's paper instead of my English book. (the newspaper was written in English, does that count for anything?)

Having a full belly helped me get over the anguish I felt at breaking the skull of someone who was "once like me", and I decided to go back to school to finish homework/studying. I got in my car, and it started to rain. POURING RAIN. I decided to drive around a bit because it is a LONG walk into school once I park, and I was wearing a white shirt. It rained for quite a while, and when it was finally safe to park and walk into school, I realized I was just pulling into my garage. No point in driving back.

So, I decided to do homework at home. (makes sense at least, right?) I then decided I should load the dishwasher and washing machine so they could do their thing while I do my homework. It's good to be efficient when you're so busy, right?

Then I realized my cat really hasn't eaten much in the last few days, and I figured it was because he must not like the new food I bought him. I can't do homework when my cat is standing on my notebook saying "I'M STARVING TO DEATH!" So, I went to the grocery store for kitty food.

FINALLY, I sat down to do homework after my cat sniffed his bowl, and promptly devoured it. (his bowl was FULL of food for the last few days...he just didn't like the new flavor apparently.)

I then realized it was almost 6pm, and I was hungry again. I made spaghetti as I was organizing my homework on the coffee table. It seemed sorta quiet, so I turned on TV. Law and Order Marathon on USA from 6pm until midnight. My favorite show!

I can do homework and watch TV, make spaghetti, do laundry, and dishes all at once...no problem! Ha.

I finally finished my homework just now. At 12:30am. (Hey, at least I got it all done;)

However, it is my own damn fault that I will only get 5 1/2 hours of sleep tonight. I have to be at school from 8:30am until 2:20pm, then work 3:00pm until 11:30pm.

And here I am writing a blog. My time management skills kinda suck. lol.

Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment