We got about 6 inches of snow Sunday night, and it was still snowing when I drove to work at 1:00pm today. I take mostly country roads to work, which don't get the attention of snowplows as much as the busier roads. Although there were some good stretches of road, there were also many snowdrifts and ice patches, so I kept my speed around 35-40mph (speed limit 55).
A 4X4 Chevy Suburban started tailgating me. (Sorry, but riding my ass isn't going to make me go faster, buddy) About a mile later there was a straight stretch of road, and he decides to pass me. He obviously gunned it, and just as he was about to pull back in front of me, he started fishtailing as he hit another random icy spot. I also started to slide sideways, but was able to maintain control of my car due to my slower speed. It seemed like slow motion as I saw this Chevy Subdivision spinning inches from my car. He ended up doing a 360 and in the ditch facing oncoming traffic.
I was going to stop, but then figured we might just throw snowballs at each other, and another car stopped anyway. In my rear view mirror, I saw snow flying as he tried unsuccessfully to get out of the ditch. I continued my trek to work at 40MPH, and made it there with 10 mins to spare. I wonder if he made it to where he was going on time?
It's things like this that make me miss radio. I so would've talked about this on the air, and taken phone calls from people who are also bothered by people like this. My only outlet for complaining about people who annoy me is now here.
Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment