Someone sent me a text message yesterday and commented that I haven't blogged in a long time. So, I decided that no matter what happens TODAY, I would blog about it. Today is now over. Here comes blog. (about my not-so-exciting life.)
I was 20 minutes late for my English class.
THEN, I had Anatomy and Physiology lab. We dissected a SHEEP's eye. Scalpal, big scissors, little scissors, and a "probe" were needed (AND GLOVES!). Unfortunately, the "eye" had been preserved, so the entire time we are doing our thing, the instructor was walking around saying "this isn't really what it is supposed to look like. The lens is NOT hard and yellow, it is soft and clear. The sclera is NOT baby blue, that is because of the preservative too."
Oh. OK.
The instructor also explained that they used to use "fresh" cow eyes, but they are no longer allowed to do this. This is apparently because since the "optic nerve" connects the eye to the brain, there was a concern over speading "Mad Cow Disease." So, fresh cow eyes have been banned from the lab.
Oh. OK. (Mad Sheeps don't get diseased, do they? More importantly, what is the plural of sheep? I think it stays "sheep" ONE sheep. 20 Sheep. Counting Sheep. Yep, definetely not Sheeps. Sorry.)
At first I started the "cutting," but I deferred to my lab partner to finish. (I guess it would be better described as me picking up the scissors, looking at the eye - and suddenly being creeped out thinking it was looking back at me - and handing my lab partner the scissors and saying "here!")
Anyway, once we cut around the sclera and seperated the retina, we then cut that stuff from that other stuff, and identified all the stuff around that stuff and the other stuff.
Then, just when I thought the day was almost over, I realized about 10:45pm that I somehow managed to lock my keys in my car.
I called my Roadside Assistance service to see if I was eligible for Roadside Assistance if my car was in my garage. Yep! YAY!
A nice man with multiple not-so-high-tech-looking tools unlocked my car door within a minute of arriving. I then came in the house and did my English homework. I just finished. I think I heard a funny noise in the garage though. I think a mouse ran in when I opened the door waiting for the "unlocking man" to show up. (I'm sure it is a mouse, although when i heard the noise, and since it is night-time and dark, I swear it sounds more like a bear in my garage. I'm sure it is a mouse. I'm sure it is a mouse. Please be a mouse. I'll wait until morning and send my cat in the garage to investigate.)
Good night!

No comments:
Post a Comment