Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Playboy Channel. And me.

I was just paying my phone bill online, when I noticed my upcoming bill is slated to be $301.86.

WHAT?

I normally pay around $105, and that is for telephone, digital cable and DSL through my local phone company. I haven't gotten a paper bill yet, and online didn't specify WHY the bill had TRIPLED.

So, I drove to the phone company, just down the street.

I thought a $300 bill deserves a visit in person.

The 60-something year old woman behind the counter told me it was for long distance. I informed her there was NO way that was accurate, as I use my cell phone for long distance phone calls.

She then said "Oh, no, wait. OH! It's for Playboy." There were other employees behind the counter, and a young male (in his 20's) at the counter. I nearly died.

I felt like people were thinking "Yea, right, whatever, you watch Playboy all alone and just don't want to admit it!" (I'm sure they hear this all the time: "wasn't me! NOT on MY tv!")

The nice grey-haired lady then informed me - counting outloud - there were 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 orders to Playboy in the last month on my TV!

So, then, I kept talking to make my case more strong:

"First of all, OVER a year ago, I did try to order a Pay Per View movie. (NOT Playboy). It wouldn't let me, and told me I needed some Parental Code in order to order a PPV movie. PLUS, in the Summer of 2006 when I moved here, I TOLD YOU guys I wanted PPV blocked."

I came home after my visit to the phone company, and TRIED to order Playboy on my TV just now. There are multiple Playboy Channels. I picked "Law and Disorder." (Which is ironic that is the name of the show on Playboy, cause Law and Order is my favorite TV show, and probably the only thing I DO watch on TV. lol.) Anyway, it wouldn't let me order it! It said "PPV not available. Enter Code to unblock."

I called the phone company, and said "I couldn't order Playboy even if I wanted to on my TV! I just tried."

The young woman who answered the phone admitted that this other lady was looking into it with some other people, and she overheard them chit-chatting about it and admitted my account DOES have a PPV block on it, and the block has been on since I opened the account 18 months ago!

AND she admits I never picked a code, so even if I wanted to unblock it, I couldn't without calling them first . She said she doesn't think I'll have to pay, and she thinks it may have been "one of my neighbors." (I don't want to know which one...lol)

I'm still waiting for the official word on what happened.

Haha. Now I'm curious about what "Law and Disorder" is about. Do pornos even have plots? I dunno these things, and perhaps I should find out for curiosity/learning purposes but I'm not about to pay $300 to find out. ;)

Ha. Playboy and me. Funny. I can just picture myself making popcorn and watching it late at night all alone.

I'll write a blog about it if I get around to doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment