Wednesday, March 5, 2008

What would you do for $630.26?

I had some issues with my laptop a few weeks ago (it stopped working) but I had a TON of homework to do and I really needed a laptop until I could figure out what to do with my broken one. So, I bought a cheap one at Wal-Mart, with NO intentions of keeping it. I grilled the salesperson about the return policy. "Full refund within 15 days with receipt."

Today is day 13. AND, the guy I bought my original laptop from offered to borrow me one until mine gets fixed. (Thanks, Aaron, you're awesome:)

I was resetting it to factory settings, getting ready to pack it back in its box, complete with those white peanuts and bubble wrap it came with. It still looked new, but I decided to wipe it down anyway. That is where a normal person would stop. But noooo....not me.

I decided to vacuum it too! Just a quick swipe over the keyboard to make sure it truly looked good as new. It's hard to tell if dust particles settled in there in the last few weeks. One quick swipe with the nozzle, and I realized there was a little white space where the "O" key used to reside. DOH!

I opened the vacuum bag and looked inside. I couldn't see the O, and knew I'd have to dig around a bit. This irked me because the bag is pretty full and other things started to distract me. (Mr. Blue Crayon...how did you get in there?) I then decided to get gloves from my EMS bag. Donning personal protective gear (including a mask and goggles), I reopened the bag. I used my mouth to hold a small pen-light (normally used to see if pupils are reactive in a patient) and dug around until I found the little black O.

I cleaned it and clicked it back into place.

Now, off to Wal-Mart with my $630.26 receipt.

Am I still going to heaven?

No comments:

Post a Comment