Sunday, April 6, 2008

I got shaving cream in my eye! (A dorky Katie story)

I will be on a plane and gone for a week 24 hours from now. Today I’m focusing on cleaning my entire house so it will be clean when I get back.

The downstairs is done, and the stairs leading upstairs are vacuumed, and now I’m in the middle of doing the upstairs bathroom. I cleaned the tub, and I can’t put dirty stuff back into a clean tub, so I was wiping off all the bottles of stuff before putting them back in the tub.

Here is where I did a dorky thing: I was wiping off my shaving cream bottle -- "Skintimate Raspberry Shave gel" in case you were wondering -- and I noticed a very tiny black rubber dot on the bottom of the bottle. I’ve seen it before, but I seriously always thought it was so the bottle doesn’t slip off of wet surfaces. NOPE! NOW I know, it is some sort of valve apparently, probably for safety so the bottle doesn’t explode if the pressure becomes too high inside.

I realized this when I was wiping the bottom of the bottle. I heard the swiishhhh noise, and I had a little dollop of shaving cream on my hand. "That’s interesting...is there a hole in the bottom of my shaving cream bottle?" I thought to myself as I was turning it upside down and looking at the bottom. I looked closer at the little black rubber dot, and pushed it with my finger as I was intently trying to figure out where my shaving cream was leaking from. Suddenly, without warning, swishhhhhsshhhh. Shaving cream directly in my eye. It expanded into a big white frothy blob quickly to include most of my cheek, my hair, and in my haste to wipe it away, my lips. The worst taste EVER! But I didn’t care much because my eye was burning; I was pretty sure I was going blind. Then my other eye started burning too.

I flushed my eyes with water, effectively getting water everywhere BUT in my eyes.

My eye is all red and bloodshot. And it still burns.

Who shoots themselves in the eye with shaving cream?

No comments:

Post a Comment